Travel through the most picturesque landscape, discover the wine of Tuscany, enjoy a hearty, local meal and visit the wineries.
Montalcino, forty kilometers south of the city of Siena, is a stunning hilltop town in the heart of Tuscany. With rolling hills and farmland of rare
beauty, it has been part of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites since 2004.
The climate is prevalently mild during the entire growing phase of the grapevines, with many clear days that allow for a gradual and full ripening
of the fruit. The soils of Montalcino vary, due to its formation over different geological ages. The lowest areas are made up of relatively loose soils.
As one moves up the hill, the soil becomes dense with stony particles formed by the decomposition of the original marl and limestone.
The exceptional quality of Brunello di Montalcino starts in the vineyard and all the processes share the goal of producing and harvesting the best fruit.
Some winemakers perform another selection at harvest, so that only the most perfect grapes are brought to the wine cellar.
For several years, Brunello remained a prestigious wine, the province of just a few refined connoisseurs. Only in the second half of the 20th century
did it transition from an exquisite delicacy known by the elite to an international symbol of the finest Italian wine.
- In the morning, a private chauffeured Mercedes will pick you at your accommodation and will transfer you to Mastrojanni Winery
- Premium tour and tasting at Mastrojanni Winery
- Light lunch at Mastrojanni Winery
- Private transfer to Le Ripi Winery
- Premium tour and tasting at Le Ripi Winery
- In the afternoon, private transfer back to your accommodation